Providing individual and couples therapy for adults, teens and tweens.
Treatment specialization includes:
Emotional and behavioral concerns
- Emotional and behavioral concerns: Explore how to improve the effectiveness of our coping skills or add new ones to your toolbox. Challenge self-sabotaging behavioral habits. Gain insight into how to improve ease and decrease stress
- Mood Concerns: Struggling with anxiety, worries, depression, low mood, irritability?
- Couples Counseling: Tired of having the same conflict over and over? Have a recurring sense that you are not being *heard* by those important to you? Learn how to improve the healthy and resiliency of your relationship. Premarital counseling can identify strengths and areas for growth before they become unwelcome guests.
- Relationship Repair : Studies show that couples engage in counseling on average 5+ years after they first experience distress. This leads to disconnection, resentments, impaired trust and communication and even infidelity. Learn new skills, how to heal and move forward.
- Parenting Support : Parenting can be a challenging role even in a perfect situation. Parenting a child with health or other special needs brings extra blessing and challenges. Ensure you have your own safe space for yourself, as well as parenting support.
- Adjustment to Life Changes : Grief, loss, separation, divorce, family lifespan changes like new additions or launching young adults, unexpected job changes or even job loss. Life can throw unexpected curves our way that can often trigger emotional discomfort. Learn how to improve resiliency and use our strengths to sail through choppy waters.
- Stress Management At times of our own personal development we may want or need to reevaluate what has always been "good enough" coping but we may have a sense that we can do better. Learn what to do when we find ourselves wondering "Should it be this hard?"
- Clinical Hypnosis A specialized skill you can learn to use in sessions to become very focused and relaxed, to by pass our inner "guard" and be more receptive to our desired changes. Most participants feel a significant reduction in objective sense of stress/anxiety/tension in our first practice.
I work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral concerns, providing services that span from therapy for depression and grief counseling, supporting teens and tweens navigating social and emotional changes of adolescence, parenting support, couples counseling and beyond. In a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, I offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each of my clients individual needs to help attain the personal growth they’re striving for.
Clinical Supervision for social workers seeking LCSW supervision hours is offered individually. Please contact me for more information.